NATURAL FARMING PRACTICES FOR HEALTHY SOCIETY :
Natural farming is environment friendly and sustainable. The cost of production is low and it is sustainable production. Chemical farming requires high monetary investment for purchase of key inputs like hybrid seeds, fertilizers and plant protection chemicals from the market. In natural farming all inputs are used from their own farm itself. The system requires a native breed of cattle (desi cow) which is any case forms an integral part of farming families in rural areas. Farmers should use only good quality deshi seeds, produced from their own farms by following selection method of breeding.
Benefits of Natural farming. = Low expenditure & High Income
- Lowered cost of production.
- Increased productivity.
- Improved profits
- Sustainable agricultural development.
- Better Natural Resource Management. ( as water and soil is not polluted by chemical fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides).
- Availability of healthy and quality food for consumption.
- Good taste and better shelf life.
- Preserving ecology as it supports flora and fauna.
- Better management of on farm resources.
- Lowered energy consumption
SSIAST Trust conducts 3 days training program on Natural Farming in all states of the country.
Agri Teachers of SSIAST Trust conduct Awareness Camp in workshop mode in each village as a motivational input.
Along with theoretical input on Indigenous seeds, Indigenous cows, Different Natural fertilizers, Natural Pesticides; teachers discuss with practical demonstration
- How to prepare different organic fertilizers.
- How it will be applied in the field.
- How they will maintain the field organically.
- What will be the procedure to maintain /handle the post harvest product naturally?
TRAINING PROGRAM ON KIDS GARDENING :
Nature intended food to be the source of nutrients we need for growth and energy. But today, the Westernized culture more often promotes convenience over essential health benefits. As a result, we sometimes wind up depleting, rather than boosting, our overall energy and health. Kids are getting scientific knowledge of plants in their school syllabus, but they are not aware of the nutritional value of their daily food. By learning to incorporate better nutrition into daily lifestyle, kids can boost their metabolism also.
Now–a- days kids become more curious about nature and they are really interested to apply their innovative ideas to form their creative world. Innovations in agriculture don’t just come from food industry. In fact, youth around the world are creating inspiring projects and products that are changing how we grow, prepare, and eat food.
Keeping this view in front, this year SSIAST introduces fantastic, hands-on interactive program for kids, having introduction to the fun of planting and harvesting.
Feature of the Training-
- To discover the secrets of the garden through the fascinating lens of science,
- To learn about the magic of seeds and decomposition.
- To develop IQ with lots of funs and play.
- To Learn about insects, vegetables, soil and worms while playing games.
- To Frame idea about the soil and planter preparation.
- Guided by instructors, kids plant, tend, and harvest fresh produce; prepare and taste the fruits of their labour; and enjoy the beautiful nature. Kids Learn to prepare delicious recipes using ingredients from their own garden plot.
TRAINING PROGRAM ON AGNIHOTRA :
Benefits of Agnihotra -
The term Agnihotra can be split as ‘Agni – fire’ and ‘Hotra – healing’. Every factor in this ritual plays a significant role. The Agnihotra procedure is said to nullify or neutralize the negative energy in the surrounding air and create positive energy to rejuvenate and fill the atmosphere. The actual working of Agnihotra is as follows:
- The copper and its pyramid shape generate negative ions, which clear the air of various hazardous particles.
- Since cow dung is a natural and potential disinfectant, it reduces bacteria in the air and surroundings.
- Pure ghee is a natural detox agent. Since ghee does not alter in weight or properties when burnt under appropriate conditions, it dissolves the toxic contents in the air.
- Rice offers a balance of ying-yang effect and releases several ethereal oils during combustion, thereby setting off chemical reactions.
- The chanting of the Agnihotra mantra in Sanskrit during the sunrise and the sunset creates resonance in line with the biorhythm and activates special vibrations. According to Vedas, mantras have potential effect on every aspect of human life and surroundings. There are specific mantras that can act upon specific aspects of human life.
- Finally, the smoke from the homa binds harmful radiations in the air and neutralizes their radioactive effect.
Thus the enormous energy released during Agnihotra is thrust into the atmosphere, which purifies and intensifies the ‘prana’ or life energy in the surroundings. The effects of Agni homam can reach up to 12km into the Biosphere. This gives nutrition to all forms of life including plants, humans and animals.
TRAINING ON HOME GARDENING :
Why one should have a Home garden.......
- Home Gardens Are Green and Sustainable: Buying natural organic food is expensive, but often desired due to all of the chemicals and genetic altering done by nowadays. Growing your own fruits and vegetables is the most organic you can get! You’ll be helping the environment and saving money at the same time.This way you can control what goes into your food
- Home Gardening Is Versatile: Some people think they need a huge yard to have their own garden, but nothing could be further from the truth. No matter how much space you have, you can always find room for a few plants. This is true even if you live in an apartment or only have a small porch. All you need is a DIY attitude and a bit of creativity.
- Home Gardens Save Money: The most significant reason to grow your own produce is the price. For instance price of Tomatoes are pretty high these days. If you have sufficient supply in your kitchen garden you can always save. You probably already know that herbs are really expensive to buy in the store Growing your own herbs can be made cheaper by starting out with seeds. Some herbs, like rosemary and thyme, can even last for years.
- Home Gardening Relieves Stress: Gardening is a wonderful activity to relieve stress. You’re outdoors, you’re getting exercise, and best of all, the activity often takes your mind off work and other stress in your life.
- Home Gardening Is a Family Activity: For some, gardening is a solo activity. But this doesn’t have to be the case. Why not ask your spouse and/or children to give you a hand in the garden? You may be surprised by how much fun you can all have together. Finding fun activities for the whole family to participate in can be tough and we often resort to spending a bunch of money to have fun, but working in a garden together costs nothing. Your kids might love helping you grow veggies in the garden, so this can be an inexpensive alternative to consider.
- A weekend that will take you through unfolding of many layered perceptions you carry about the food you buy from a sabzi wala or a nearby shop. It tells you how you can save money by investing little time in making an eco-friendly low budget Kitchen Garden that not only gives you tastier food but also healthier food.
You will learn to make natural fertilizers, enzymes and pesticides (with stuff readily available in every home).
Key Points about the training programme of Home Gardening:
- Easy and Cost-Effective methods- to help you on your budget
- Low Maintenance tips- considering many of us are working full time.
- Recycling and reusing techniques- to be more eco-friendly and save pollution
- Making your own soil- with the waste that we always ignore
- Finding the shortest and simplest way between Earth, Hands and Mouth
Apart from the above key points, you will also understand significance of Earthworms, Desi Cow Milk, Indigenous seeds, etc.
This course is a nice blend of theory & practical.
TRAINING PROGRAM ON ECO-ENZYME :
Benefits of Eco-Enzyme.......
- Save money - Turn kitchen waste to DIY natural household cleaners.
- Multiple usage - Natural household cleaner; air purifier; deodorizer; insecticide; detergent; body care; car care; organic fertilizer, etc.
- Reduce pollution - Methane gas released from disposed garbage can trap 21 times more heat than CO2, worsen the global warming.
- Purify air - Remove odour. Dissolve toxic air released from smoking, car exhaust, chemical residues from household products, etc.
- Purify underground water - Enzyme that flow underground will eventually purify the river and the sea.
- Natural pesticides - Reduce mosquitoes, flies, rats or cockroach, etc.
- Anti-bacterial and virus - Natural antiseptic for your home.
- Prevent drainpipe blockage - Release residues accumulated in the pipe of basins or toilet bowls.